celebrating valentine’s day with ladyfingers letterpress

I was a fan of Ladyfingers Letterpress before I knew they were a local treasure. I loved the signage at The Mercantile Building, a new artist and business hub located in downtown Providence. I was so excited to learn that Arley and Morgan, the lovely ladies behind Ladyfingers, were the ones responsible for the exquisite hand-drawn letterforms and signs throughout The Mercantile project.

I met Morgan and Arley at a holiday sale back in November, and have been wanting to visit their studios at the Hope Artiste Village ever since. How lucky that their studios were open the day before Valentine’s Day, a gathering sponsored by the RISD Alumni office. It was a wonderful opportunity to letterpress my own valentine, and to take in all the inspiring typography on display. I walked away feeling fortunate to be a part of such a unique creative community. (click on the photos for a larger view)