the new decor section at gleena.com

For quite some time now I have been thinking of how to expand the gleena business. I love working with porcelain and plaster and glazes, but have to admit that what I do is extremely labor intensive. As a respite from the physicality of ceramics, I love sitting down for a few hours to write for My Mama’s Table. I enjoy featuring other artists’s work the most. The visit to Laura Kramer’s studio was such a treat, and I hope to do more studio tours in the future.

I’ve decided to bring gleena and My Mama’s Table together by trying out a new decor section on gleena.com. In this section, I now offer a few products from artists I have met and admire, whose work complements the gleena line. All the objects are uniquely handmade, all with the artist’s hand evident in the final product. The pieces I choose have soul and one of a kind personality. I love them in my own home, and want to make them available to others. Here are the artists I include:

gaugeNYC, based in Brooklyn, NY, hand-forged bronze metal letterforms:

Joe Kennedy, based in Vermont, giant bowls turned out of found wood:

LBK Studio, based in Fall River, RI, hand blown glass:

Teresa Green, based in Barrow Upon Soar, Leicestershire, England, hand printed cotton towels:

Metal, wood, glass, cloth are represented. What do you think? I would love feedback on this new venture!